Scholarpedia:Copyright/copyrighted by author
The following Grant of License ("License") is chosen by the author before the manuscript is accepted for publication. If the contribution to Scholarpedia is a joint work, Scholarpedia requires that each joint author sign this License and send it to Scholarpedia or elect one author to sign it (electronically) as their duly authorized agent. If the copyright in the contribution is owned by the author's employer, the employer or an authorized representative must sign this form. In the event that Scholarpedia decides not to publish the Work, this License shall be null and void.
1. In consideration of publication in Scholarpedia of the work currently titled %TITLE% and all associated supplemental materials, data and/or video files (the "Work") and authored by %AUTHORS% ("Author"), the sole and exclusive, irrevocable right is hereby granted to Scholarpedia to publish, reproduce, distribute, transmit, display, store, translate, create derivative works from and otherwise use the Work in any form, manner, format, or medium, whether now known or hereafter developed, throughout the world and in any language, for the entire duration of any such right and any renewal or extension thereof and to permit/sublicense others to do any or all of the foregoing as well.
2. Ownership of the copyright shall remain with the Author, subject to the rights granted to Scholarpedia in paragraph 1. Scholarpedia shall be the holder of title for purpose of registration.
3. Author also retains the non-exclusive right to use the Work non-commercially subject to the requirement that credit be given to its first publication in Scholarpedia.
4. Author warrants and represents that the Work is original, that all the facts contained therein are true and accurate, and that the Work has not been published elsewhere, and does not infringe upon any copyright, proprietary, or personal right of any third party. If the Work contains any material that is owned or controlled by a third party, Author certifies that he/she has obtained permission for its use and that the material is clearly acknowledged within the text.
5. This agreement applies only to the material submitted by the Author.
By signing this agreement, Author warrants that he/she has the full power to enter into this agreement. This agreement shall remain in effect throughout the term of copyright in the Work and may not be revoked without the express written consent of both parties.
This Agreement shall be governed and construed, and any dispute arising hereunder resolved, in accordance with the laws of the State of California, United States of America, without resort to the conflicts of laws principles thereof.
For Authors employed by the United States Government, Australian, Canadian, and/or UK Governments, the article is in the public domain.