Encyclopedia of condensed matter
Existing articles (published or draft)
Examples of articles to be written
An encyclopedia in Scholarpedia is a portal page containing lists of articles/authors on a given topic and other useful informations. A list of encyclopedias related to Condensed matter follows.
Index of related categories
In Scholarpedia categories are keywords (also) used to label articles related to the same topic. For each keyword, a page containing links to all articles with that keyword is automatically created. Articles belonging to a category C are not necessarily included in a category D wider than C. A list of categories related to Condensed matter follows. Click on a category link to see the articles belonging to that category.
- Category:Condensed matter
The visual help page visually describes how to log-in, how to submit a paper (for authors), how to approve a paper (for referees), how to approve a version of an article (for curators) and other common actions in authors', reviewers', curators' life.
Authors are strongly advised to read Instructions for authors (Physics), which include:
- An introduction to some elementary actions any author should master to become editor--independent.
- An introduction to Scholarwiki, the dialect of wikitext markup language on which articles are written in Scholarpedia.
- A few ready--to--cut--and--paste examples of useful advanced editing topics.
- A review of the editorial conventions in use in Scholarpedia.
- An overview of the administrative procedures.
- A commented list of links for the reader wanting to improve his knowledge.
Authors are welcome to put relevant scientific information (mini-CV, awards,research interests, picture) in their own user-page (http://www.scholarpedia.org/article/User:your_user_name). See a ready to copy and customize template, examples:example 1, example 2, example 3.
- Waiting for a sufficient number of physicists in Scholarpedia to systematically start authors' elections, articles in "Encyclopedia of condensed matter" are written on Editors' invitation only.
- Suggestions of living original inventors and world--acknowledged experts are welcome.
To suggest an author X for a title Y, send an email to editors with subject: 'suggestion for Scholarpedia: X' and body:
Article title: Y Author: X Email: recent email URL: X's homepage (optional) Affiliation: University of ... Comment: Why is X qualified to write Y? Awards: Nobel prize, Dirac Medal,... (optional) Suggested by: your Scholarpedia username
If editors accept your suggestion and the author agrees the invitation your Scholarpedia index will be increased of one point.
Scholars have the right to participate to the public elections to choose the authors of some entries in Scholarpedia.
Have a look at the complete list of open elections.