Prof. Dennis Bonatsos
Scholar of ScholarpediaCurator Index: 0
National Center for Scientific Research Demokritos - Institute of Nuclear and Particle Physics, Agia Paraskevi Athens, Greece
SHORT CURRICULUM VITAE
- Born: Patras, Greece, 1957.
- B.Sc. in Physics, University of Patras, Greece (1979).
- Ph.D. in Theoretical Nuclear Physics, University of Pennsylvania, U.S.A. (1985).
- Past positions: ECT* Trento (Italy), U. Fribourg (Switzerland), U. Tűbingen (Germany), U. Oxford (UK), Orsay (France).
- Director of Research in the Institute of Nuclear Physics of N.C.S.R. Demokritos (tenured since 1/1996).
- Teaching: 10 postgraduate courses (39 semesters) in National Technical U. Athens, U. Fribourg, U. Oxford.
- Supervising: 7 Ph.D. theses plus 3 ongoing, 5 M.Sc. theses plus 1 ongoing
- Member of the Board of Directors of N.C.S.R. Demokritos (1998-2004, 2012-present)
- Deputy Director of the Institute of Nuclear Physics (2005-2006)
- Graduate chairman/vice-chairman in the I.N.P. (many years since 1/1996)
- Chairman/vice-chairman/member of the Scientific Advisory Board of I.N.P. (many years since 1/1997)
- Member of APS, EPS, IOP. Founding member of the Hellenic Nuclear Physics Society.
- Board of the Nuclear Physics Division of EPS (since 7/2011).
- Committee of the Lise Meitner Prize of EPS (since 5/2011).
- Referee in 25 international journals (reports on 112 different manuscripts).
- Participation in the organization of 21 international and 6 national conferences and schools.
- Participation in 25 international schools and colleges and in 88 international conferences.
- 88 talks (67 invited).
- 39 international research visits and seminars.
- Prize from the Institute for Nuclear Research and Nuclear Energy of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences for the best theoretical work in 1998.
- Editorial board of the Annals of the Academy of Romanian Scientists, Physics Series.
- Books: 2 . Articles in refereed journals: 110 (include 2 invited review articles). Mathematical Reviews: 17
- Articles in international conference proceedings: 103
- Invited articles in special volumes: 5