Prof. Richard P Woodard
Editor of ScholarpediaCurator Index: 1
University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
Articles sponsored or reviewed
Editor of the quantum gravity section of the Encyclopedia of Space-time and gravitation
- PhD: Harvard (1984) Invariant Formulation of and Radiative Corrections in Quantum Gravity Advisers: Sidney Coleman and Stanley Deser
- AM: Harvard (1979)
- BS: CWRU (1977)
- Highest Honors (CWRU)
- Philip E. Bliss Prize
- Lubrizol Prize in Physics
- NSF graduate Fellowship
- 1993 Physics Teacher-of-the-Year
- Outstanding Referee of APS
- 2011 College of Liberal Arts & Sciences Teacher-of-the-Year
- Fellow of the American Physical Society
Professor of Physics, University of Florida (since 2003)
Noticeable previous positions and professional experiences
- Postdoc: UT Austin 1983-85
- Postdoc: UCSB 1985-7
- Research Assistant Professor: Brown 1987-9
- Assistant Professor: UF 1989-94
- Associate Professor: UF 1994-2003
- Quantum gravity
- Quantum field theory in curved spacetime
- Inflationary cosmology
- Modified gravity
- A Gravitational Mechanism for Cosmological Screening (with Nick Tsamis) Int. Journal of Modern Physics D20 (2011) 2847, arXiv:1103.5134.
- How Far Are We from the Quantum Theory of Gravity? Reports on Progress in Physics 72 (2009) 126002, arXiv:0907.4238.
- Avoiding Dark Energy with 1/R Modifications of Gravity Lecture Notes in Physics 720 (2007) 403, astro-ph/0601672.
- Nonlocal Cosmology (with Stanley Deser) Physical Review Letters 99 (2007) 111301, arXiv:0706.2151.
- Stochastic Quantum Gravitational Inflation (with Nick Tsamis) Nuclear Physics B724 (2005) 295, gr-qc/0505115.
- The Fermion Self-Energy during Inflation (with Shun-Pei Miao) Classical & Quantum Gravity 23 (2006) 1721, gr-qc/0511140.
- Vacuum Polarization and photon mass generation in inflation (with Tomislav Prokopec) American Journal of Physics 72 (2004) 60, astro-ph/0303358.
- Quantum Gravity Slows Inflation (with Nick Tsamis) Nuclear Physics B474 (1996) 235, hep-ph/9602315.
- The Structure of Perturbative Quantum Gravity On A de Sitter Background (with Nick Tsamis) Communications in Mathematical Physics 162 (1994) 217.
- Physical Green's Functions in Quantum Gravity (with Nick Tsamis) Annals of Physics 215 (1992) 96.
- Nonlocal Yang-Mills (with Gary Kleppe) Nuclear Physics B388 (1992) 81.
- The Problem Of Nonlocality In String Theory (with David Eliezer) Nuclear Physics B325 (1989) 389.